Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Welcome Baby Lucas James Wertheim


Baby Lucas James, less than 2 weeks old, a solid 8 plus pounds, and a head full of sleek ebony hair that surely did not come from his red head and blonde haired parents. He is the perfect explanation of any baby cliche-why women end up speaking "baby" even when they say they won't, why all eyes are on the baby rather than the game, and why men's hearts truly soften when it's their turn.                                                            I have known the Wertheim family since the ripe age of 4. After growing up across the street for 15 years of my life with Paul, Rick, and Michael by my side, riding bikes til our butts hurt and playing endless nights of Capture- the- Flag, it is safe to say I consider them family. This simply explains the rush of joy I felt when I met Lucas for the first time. Seeing the unconditional love pouring out of Paul and Sabrina's eyes was indescribable. The utter excitement they exuded as they shared the birth of their son with our family was contagious. These pictures of Paul, Sabrina and Lucas are not just pictures, but a reflection of much more- a reflection of deep love and the authentic beginnings of a new family. I felt honored to be a part of it.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment